MANKATO CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
2. PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND DECISIONS, CONSENT TO USE AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS. By entering this contest, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by all contest rules ("Official Rules") and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the contest. Participation in this contest constitutes participant's full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., MANKATO FREE PRESS, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents (collectively "CNHI"), which are final, binding and non-negotiable in all respects. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless CNHI and its subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers from any liability arising from or related to the contest and/or the receipt or use of the prize awarded in connection with the contest, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Further, participant fully and unconditionally releases all claims for consideration, copyright infringement and all other claims of any nature relating to the use of participant's entry, name or likeness.
3. ELIGIBILITY. This contest is open to legal permanent residents of the U.S. and District of Columbia, 18 years of age and older, excluding residents of the State of Rhode Island. Proof of age and identity must be furnished upon request. Employees, agents, independent contractors and affiliates of CNHI and immediate family members of all such persons, are not eligible to participate in this contest. CNHI reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, suspend or amend this contest at any time for any reason without prior notice. CNHI further reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, in its sole discretion. CNHI reserves the right to disqualify any participant for any reason, including, but not limited to, violation of these Official Rules or infringement of the rights of a third-party. This promotion is void where prohibited by law. CNHI is not responsible for any printing or typographical errors in any material associated with the contest.
4. TO ENTER. This Contest will run between 12:01 a.m. EST on April 1, 2017 until 11:59 pm EST on April 30, 2017.
B. Mail-in Entry: To enter via postal mail, participants must mail a legibly handwritten, completed entry form (as set forth above) with sufficient postage to: 418 S. Second St, Mankato, MN 56001, attention: Mankato Free Press "Best Of" Contest. DO NOT SEND ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS. Participants may also enter by mailing a legibly handwritten postcard which includes the participant's name, postal address, gender, birth date and e-mail address with sufficient postage to: 418 S. Second St, Mankato, MN 56001, attn: Mankato Free Press "Best Of" Contest. Each entry must be mailed in a separate stamped outer mailing envelope with the participant's first and last name, street address, city, state and zip or postal code, legibly hand printed in the upper left hand corner of the outer envelope. Entries that are sent in business reply envelopes, that utilize address labels or stickers (for any address), that are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically or digitally produced or reproduced, that are not mailed in separate outer stamped mailing envelopes, or that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules will NOT be honored.
All completed entries must be received no later than midnight on the date set forth in this Section to be eligible to win the prize ("Eligible Entries"). Submissions received after this date and time will not be valid. Only one entry per individual. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of delivery. By submitting an entry, participants agree to abide by these Official Rules. Automated entries or entries generated by robots or scripts are prohibited and will result in immediate disqualification of any and all associated entrants. Persons submitting entries under false pretenses will be disqualified. If for any reason the Internet portion of the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the contest, CNHI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest. CNHI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest. CNHI has no obligation to notify a participant of his/her disqualification. CAUTION: any attempt by a participant to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, CNHI reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. CNHI is not responsible for any lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entries will not be returned and will become the property of CNHI for promotional and other use, and by entering participants assign any and all rights in and to the entries, and copyrights thereof, to CNHI. By entering, each participant authorizes CNHI to use his or her name, likeness and image in its advertising and promotion. By entering, each participant releases, indemnifies and agrees to hold harmless CNHI and their respective directors, officers and employees, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses or damages of any kind whatsoever resulting in whole or in part from their participation in the Contest and the acceptance and use of any prize.
5. TO WIN. One (1) Eligible Entry will be chosen randomly at a drawing at approximately 11:00 am EST on May 7, 2017.
6. PRIZE. The winning Eligible Entry will receive a $500 gift card to any of the first place winning entries. No Prize may be transferred or substituted by a participant. CNHI reserves the right to change any actual prize at any time during the contest. In this event, every effort will be made to provide a prize of like estimated value. CNHI does not warrant or make any representations in connection with the prize, express or implied. All costs and expenses not specified in the above prize descriptions, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. The provided approximate retail value of the prize is an approximation. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of any prize will not be awarded. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
7. IDENTIFICATION OF WINNER. CNHI will announce the winner within five (5) days following the conclusion of the Contest period set forth above. CNHI will contact the winning participant by postal mail or e-mail by the information provided on the Eligible Entry and the winner's name will also be posted at http://facebook.com/freepressmediamankato. The identity of the winner may be requested by printing your name, address, phone number, contest name and the words "Request for winner's name – The Mankato Free Press "Best Of" Contest " on a 3" x 5" card, inserting the card into an envelope and mailing it to: CNHI, attn: Publisher, 418 S. Second St, Mankato, MN 56001. The winning participant must accept the prize by signing and returning the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and a copy of these Official Rules no later than ten (10) days after receipt. No Prize will be awarded until such documentation is received by CNHI. The winning participant is responsible for any taxes associated with the award of the prize. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted, a second name will be drawn from a random drawing as set forth above and will be named the winner and he/she will be contacted as set forth above.
8. ODDS: The odds of winning the drawing will depend upon the number of entries received, but CNHI expects that at least 1000 entries will be submitted; consequently your odds of winning the drawing are expected to be less than 1 in 1000.
9. SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored and promoted by Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. located at 445 Dexter Ave., Montgomery, Alabama, 36014.
10. MISCELLANEOUS. Everything for this contest is provided as is, without warranty of any kind, express or implied. By entering, participants consent to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Indianapolis, Indiana, in all disputes arising out of or related to these rules or this contest. This contest is governed and construed under the laws of the State of Indiana, excluding its conflict of laws principles. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Seiki Digital or Quality Appliance & Television.